Meet the Family Financial Planning Masterclass.
Because parenting books forgot the chapter on what to do with your money.
Who is the Family Financial Planning Masterclass for?
The Family Financial Planning Masterclass is for mothers (or expectant mothers) between the ages of 25 to 45. (Dads, you’re cool, too, but you’re riding in the backseat.) The average age of students is about 35.
If you want to take your family’s finances to the next level without paying 1% of your assets annually to an advisor, this course is for you. You’ll learn the money moves to make to secure your family’s financial future.
It’s self-paced, covering nine core modules and is designed to be completed in ten hours or less. You’re a great fit if you’re a self-starter who appreciates the profound impact your financial literacy has on your family’s well-being.
How does the Masterclass benefit you?
As your financial planner, I don’t want to just give you advice. That’s an effective way to get something done quickly and correctly, but it’s also a short-term fix.
The Family Financial Planning Masterclass teaches you how to fish, so you can repeatedly make sound financial decisions for years to come.
In your 30s and 40s, your earning and investing runway is still very long. Learning how to put money into the right types of accounts and investments now will completely change what’s financially possible in your family’s future.
Unfortunately, most people wait until they’re at or nearing retirement to get professional advice. While it’s never too late, the reality is they’ve probably spent decades making sub-optimal choices.
This is exactly what you’re preventing by taking this course.
What the Family Financial Planning Masterclass includes.
The curriculum takes you from beginner to advanced, combining real-life experience with technical financial planning methods.
As a 34-year-old mother of one (soon to be two!) and Certified Financial Planner, I’ve implemented many of the steps in the course for my own family.
Here’s a peek at the core modules:
- Is my family ready to invest?
- Learn how to create an emergency fund and when to pay off debt (or not) before you begin investing.
- Investing basics
- We’ll demystify common investing jargon and clarify the basics, like the definitions of stocks, bonds, and ETFs.
- Becoming a successful long-term investor
- Long-term stock market trends are much less scary than the media has led you to believe. This module explains how to use this knowledge to your advantage.
- Picking the right type of investment account
- 401(k)! IRA! HSA! WTF? IDK! Learn when to use what type of account to minimize taxes and maximize long-term growth.
- Building your portfolio
- This module explains how to build a diversified, low-maintenance investment portfolio of low-cost index funds.
- Being smart about investment taxes
- Simple, intelligent strategies that anyone can follow to reduce your tax bill by thousands per year, now and in the future.
- Investing for your kids
- What are the best investment accounts for your kids, and how much should you be squirreling away for college?
- Life insurance
- Determine how much and what kind of life insurance you need.
- Estate planning essentials
- If you’re a parent, not having an estate plan puts your family at risk. Learn what an estate plan includes and how to get one.
Each lesson of the course comes with a video in case you prefer to listen instead of read. There are also charts, graphs, and free downloads throughout, so for maximum retention, I recommend reading along while listening to the video.🤓
The video below is one included in the course that outlines what to expect. It’s on 1.2x speed for maximum chaos.
One thing the Masterclass doesn’t include is financial advice specific to your situation. (That part comes from your financial plan!) Instead, it teaches you a framework to make sound decisions based on your unique circumstances.
How to access it.
When paired with the clarity that a customized financial plan brings, this is a powerful combination that I’m extremely proud to offer!
Finally, here’s why I had to create this course.
There’s nothing else out there like it.
Busy moms with young families are often neglected by traditional financial advisors who make money charging a percentage of your assets. Aside from endless Google searches and guessing, this leaves families with few reliable places to turn.
Comparable solutions were too basic or too complicated.
Yes, there are at least a thousand generic “Investing 101” courses out there, but this is not that.
I curated the Masterclass curriculum specifically for mothers who lead family finances and investments. It teaches fundamental financial concepts that you can apply now and revisit time and time again as your family evolves.
I’m proud to say that I wrote and recorded the entire course in-house at Madi Manages Money. Then, I tested it with a beta group of about 15 wonderful moms to make sure it wasn’t too basic or advanced.
I want to save you time, money, and energy.
You shouldn’t need to read every finance book, watch every TikTok, or become a Certified Financial Planner to access this knowledge. Stand on my shoulders!
If you’re interested in learning more about the Family Financial Planning Masterclass, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or grab time on my calendar here.
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. To determine which investments may be appropriate for you, consult with your financial advisor.